NFIP 101 Online Workshop March 2022
Mar 1, 2022 at 9:00 AM
Online / Virtual
View on map
- Registration is open until February 27, 2022
- Online – link will be sent on February 28.
- Follow the link to complete your registration.
- Contact Sarah Harbaugh at email@example.com or 630-443-8145 with questions.
This course is designed for both stormwater and floodplain administrators as well as future and current Certified Floodplain Managers (CFMs). The session will cover floodplain management concepts, basic FEMA mapping, including V-Zones, map changes, State of Illinois floodway regulations, state and local floodplain permit requirements, flood insurance, CRS, and mitigation. Course instructors will be floodplain management and permitting staff from IDNR/OWR, mapping staff from ISWS, and NFIP specialists from FEMA.
Flooding and Floodplain Management
Floodplain Mapping and Mapping Changes
Floodplain and Floodway Regulations
Substantial Damage and Substantial Improvement and Post-Flood Response
Flood Insurance Updates
Flood Mitigation and CRS
Listen to the webinar at: https://youtu.be/VtGsh7yCeiI
- Risk Rating 2.0: Equity in Action | FEMA.gov
- Levees in Risk Rating 2.0 (fema.gov)
- FEMA Risk Rating Methodology and Data Appendix January 2022
- Risk Rating 2.0 State Profiles | FEMA.gov
- RESETTING PRIOR NFIP CLAIMS HISTORY (fema.gov)
- Risk Rating 2.0 Training for Insurance Agents (recording): https://h2o.adobeconnect.com/_a1160290918/p1yztovhy4b7/
- ASFPM RR2.0 Simple Guide for Single-Family Homes: https://asfpm-library.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/ASFPM_Pubs/NFIP_RR2.0_QuickStartGuide-FINAL-508c_Updated_100521.pdf