Water Resources Engineer | Baxter & Woodman, Inc.
Posted on Jul 16, 2021
Baxter & Woodman has a rewarding opportunity for a Water Resources Project Engineer in our Water Resources department. We are seeking qualified applicants for our following office locations, Mokena, IL, Chicago, IL, or Crystal Lake, IL.
- Develop Hydrologic and Hydraulic models of municipal storm sewer and sanitary collection systems.
- Assistance with Drainage Studies and Stormwater Masterplans.
- Analysis and Design of municipal stormwater facilities (open channels, culverts, storm sewers, detention basins, green infrastructure, etc…).
- Design of Plans and Specifications for Construction.
- Field work associated with Flood inspection and Part-time Construction Observation.
- Permitting with local, state and federal permitting agencies.
- Assistance with municipal permit review.
- 4 year B.S. degree in Civil Engineering, with emphasis in water resources engineering preferred.
- P.E. License required.
- 6+ years of experience in the design of stormwater projects.
- Knowledge of basic principles of infrastructure design and plan preparation.
- Knowledge of the basic principles of hydrology and hydraulics.
- Experience with H&H modeling (SWMM is preferred).
- Experience with AutoCAD (Civil 3D is preferred) and ArcGIS.
- Experience in Consulting Engineering, Public Works, or Construction.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Strong verbal, computer and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel throughout Chicago area (own transportation).
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Baxter & Woodman is an equal opportunity - affirmative action – M/F/Vet/Disability employer
8430 West Bryn Mawr Avenue
Chicago, IL 60031
How to apply
Please follow the link provided to fill out an application: https://baxterwoodman.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/2ea213b3-6ac1-6bba-21a4-6d423876eb17/apply?source=1601913-CS-13913