Engineering / Stormwater Internship | City of Warrenville
Posted on Mar 2, 2020
This is a technical position, which primarily performs field data collection on stormwater detention ponds, population of the City’s GIS Database, and assists with the day to day activities of the City’s Public Works and Community Development Departments. The Senior Civil Engineer is the immediate supervisor of this position.
- Conducts field surveys and investigations related to private and public stormwater detention ponds. Creates and updates a stormwater detention pond database. Works with Code Enforcement to enforce maintenance under the City Code.
- Conducts research regarding subdivision and construction plans and other related documents.
- Uses ArcGIS software to input, query and manipulate data.
- Researches and inputs GIS data for planning and engineering purposes.
- Assists the Community Development and Public Works departments to perform inspections.
- Performs other related duties to assist Community Development and Public Works Departments as assigned.
Enrollment in an undergraduate or post-secondary education program working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, GIS, or Geography.
Possession of a valid Class D Illinois driver’s license.
Schedule is Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., for approximately 11 weeks, beginning in May 2020. Wage: $20.00 per hour.
This is a part-time, temporary position with no benefits.
3S258 Manning Avenue
Warrenville, IL 60555
How to apply
Interested applicants should apply online by March 15, 2020, at https://www.warrenville.il.us/jobs.aspx