Water Resources Engineer | EXP U.S. Services, Inc.
Posted on Nov 7, 2019
At EXP, we know that great experiences start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying and empowering company. We value and respect our employees - their experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion and diversity - and their innovative approach to work and to life.
EXP is currently seeking a talented Water Resources Engineer for its Chicago office. The candidate will work on a variety of transportation and site civil related projects performing hydraulic/hydrologic analyses and designing appropriate drainage systems in close coordination with Roadway, Site Civil, and Structural Engineers. The candidate will be responsible for assuring that the planning and design are according to the governing agency’s requirements, and the construction plans, specifications and cost estimates are prepared following client’s standards and requirement, and generally accepted industry procedures and practices.
- Assist project civil and structural engineers with planning and layout of drainage structures.
- Analyze and design drainage infrastructure and perform floodplain analyses for both transportation and site civil projects including roadway, bridge, pump stations, site design, alleviation of flooding issues, storm water and watershed planning, best management practices for water quality and sustainable development.
- Develop drainage design approach including design criteria and methodology.
- Perform various drainage engineering tasks for smaller projects.
- Responsible for project deliverables such as design, calculations, construction plans, specifications and cost estimates.
- Obtain permits for stormwater, water quality, floodplain, and simple wetland impacts.
- Responsible for quality assurance of deliverables.
- Construction phase services such as review of shop drawings and submittals
The Skills and Knowledge You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, preferably with a focus on water resources
- 5-7 years related experience
- Thorough understanding of hydrologic and hydraulic analyses
- Prior use of MicroStation, Geopak Drainage, HEC HMS, HEC-RAS, XP SWMM, Hydraflow, HY8, and other related software
- Understanding of IDOT and Tollway Drainage
- Experience permitting projects through IDNR-OWR; IEPA; USACOE and knowledge of the various county stormwater ordinances within northern Illinois
- Proficient with MS Office software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
205 N. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60601
How to apply
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org