Regional Stormwater Lead for Chicago | Hanson Professional Services Inc. (Hanson)
Posted on May 14, 2018
If you’re looking for a firm that encourages innovative thinking and challenges you every day, a career at Hanson Professional Services Inc. (Hanson) is right for you. The belief in sustainability within our company’s practices creates a focus on client success and partnerships that are important to our communities and our environment.
At the core of our water resources practice is the desire to be good stewards of our waterways and the surrounding environment. As engineering professionals, we plan, design, permit and consult on the operation of water resources infrastructure across the U.S. and abroad. Your work at Hanson will balance the societal benefits of the built environment with nature.
Hanson is actively seeking a Regional Stormwater Lead within the for our Chicago regional (Lisle, IL) office. This office serves DOT, tollway, and local governments as well as rail and aviation clients.
This position will be responsible for developing and managing stormwater and water resources projects throughout northeastern Illinois including Chicago. Projects will include civil engineering projects, watershed studies, stormwater drainage systems, hydrologic modeling, stormwater management and water quality assessments, permitting and protection plans. The ideal candidate has experience managing and mentoring staff, delivering successful projects and developing business in the northeastern Illinois.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Performs analysis, design and review of stormwater management systems for roadway and site development projects; floodplain modeling; bridge and culvert hydraulics, stream bank protection, stream restoration, scour analysis; unsteady flow modeling; floodway construction permitting; FEMA permitting; water quality protection features; best management practices (BMPs) and preparation of technical reports.
- Recruiting, managing and mentoring technical staff.
- Project concept and funding option development with the project client.
- Preparing project capture plans and proposals.
- Preparing scope and fee estimates.
- Coordinating Client Relationship Management (CRM) and Business Development activities for water resources projects in the northeastern Illinois region.
- A bachelor's degree in civil or related engineering field is required. Advanced degrees, certification as a floodplain manager, or other water resources specialty certifications are desirable.
- Strong and demonstrated technical skills in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and stormwater engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years of project experience in the field of water resources.
- Illinois P.E. is required.
- Ability to work in a team environment, with limited supervision.
- Minimum of 3 years managing technical and administrative personnel.
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be proficient with the following software programs: HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, TR-55, HY8, XP-SWMM, AutoCAD, MicroStation, and ArcGIS.
- The candidate must be able to work as a team member and independently, have the desire to learn new skills, be self-motivated, and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Working at Hanson:
- Candidate must be willing to accept out-of-town travel assignments and to work overtime to meet project demands.
- Candidate must be willing to participate in client interaction during and outside of normal working hours.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
As an employee-owned company, we value our firm’s two greatest assets — our staff and our clients. Hanson strives to create a workplace environment that challenges and rewards ambitious, highly-qualified and service-oriented employees who go the extra mile to give our clients the best possible results. These efforts help us maintain our status as one of the top firms in the engineering industry.
We offer a competitive compensation program and a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet your professional, personal and family needs. Highlights of our benefits include a 401(k) plan with matching contribution, an Employee Stock Ownership Trust plan and stock purchase program, comprehensive medical insurance, professional development, employee recognition, flexible scheduling and a wellness program.
A detailed summary of all of Hanson's benefits can be found here:
750 Warrenville Road
Lisle, IL 60532
How to apply
All interested and qualified candidates should apply to the Hanson website, job # 786-I or use the following link: https://bit.ly/2woPDPW