Emergency Management Specialist, Vacancy FEMA-23-OBM-686208-MP, GS 0089 09,11 | FEMA
Posted on Sep 11, 2023
In this position, you will evaluate participating National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) community ordinances and the enforcement of floodplain management regulation, which will mitigate the effects of flooding on new or improved structures and other development. Typical assignments include:
- Documenting non-compliance with NFIP floodplain management regulations and provides guidance to state and local officials on necessary corrective actions.
- Providing training and technical supporting to participating NFIP community and state officials in the implementation of their floodplain management programs and regulations in both non-disaster and disaster environments.
- Participating in public meetings to promote the NFIP, provide flood risk awareness and mitigation techniques to reduce the physical and financial impact of flood damages.
- Coordinating with other components of FEMA and other federal agencies to advance sound floodplain management practices and processes.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
Please refer to https://www.usajobs.gov/job/746959700
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Selective Service registration required.
- Current federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government credit card.
- Please review "Other Information" section for additional key requirements.
Salary and Benefits
$63,633 - $100,084 per year
Pay scale & grade
GS 09 - 11
FEMA Region V
536 S Clark
Chicago, IL 60605
How to apply
Please go to: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/746959700