Public Service Administrator, Option 8E | Illinois Department of Natural Resources - Office of Water Resources
Posted on Sep 14, 2022
This position will serve as a member of the Design and Construction section of the Office of Water Resources providing critical project design and oversight of technical staff working on dam removals/modifications and flood damage reduction projects. As a licensed Engineer, this position performs critical engineering and technical services related to the designing of all types of water resource projects including the preparation of contract plans, specifications and cost estimates. This position also assist the Section Manager in the preparation of structural and non-structural plan sheets and documents for bid letting.
1, Subject to review and approval of the Design Plans Unit Manager, as a licensed engineer, designs all types of water resources projects including preparation of contract plans, specifications and cost estimates:
- As a licensed engineer, develops plans, specifications and cost estimates for water resource projects.
2. Designs and/or checks the design of water resource projects throughout the state:
- Reviews shop plans and contract submittals.
- Travels throughout the state.
3. Assists in the consolidation of plan sheets and documents to assemble a set of contract plans suitable for bid letting and construction:
- Assists with coordinator of the bidding process and awarding of contracts.
- Analyses bids and recommends awarding of contracts.
4. Delivers written and oral presentations of engineering data to supervisors and other interested parties in such a manner as to clearly identify all ramifications and aspects of projects:
- Arranges and conducts meetings with local, State and Federal officials for the presentation and review of water resource plans and reports.
- Develops relationship with all contacts within and outside of the Department of Natural Resources to facilitate the development of projects and makes other presentations in a manner which reflects all aspects of the project.
5. Develops working relations with OWR employees, and other Departmental and non Departmental contacts:
- Complies with all Departmental safety rules, practices and policies and helps to ensure safety compliance by other co-workers.
6. Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
- Requires knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to completion of four years of college with a degree in civil engineering.
- Requires three (3) years or more experience in the field of civil engineering.
- Prefers two (2) years of project design review and preparation.
- Prefers two (2) years of experience working with bidding process for contracts.
- Prefers one (1) year of planning reports and presenting in public.
- Prefers one (1) year of working knowledge in regards to Department safety rules and policies.
- Requires Professional Engineering License in the State of Illinois.
- Requires valid driver's license.
- Ability to pass background check.
- Requires ability to travel throughout the state.
All applicants must be able to meet the following Conditions of Employment, with or without reasonable accommodation, to be considered for this position.
****************A RESUME IS REQUIRED FOR THIS JOB POSTING****************
Please attach a DETAILED Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV) to the MY DOCUMENTS section of your application.
You WILL NOT be considered for the position if you attach a CMS100, CMS100b or any other document that is not a Resume or CV.
1 Natural Resources Way
Springfield, IL 62702
Springfield, IL 62702
How to apply
Link to Position: PUBLIC SERVICE ADMINISTRATOR, OPT. 8E - 370158E (jobs2web.com) click the apply Link