Water Resources Engineer III | Gewalt Hamilton Associates
Posted on Jul 17, 2022
An exciting opportunity is available to join Gewalt Hamilton Associates, an employee-owned, multi-faceted civil engineering company that has built its reputation on civil engineering with a personal approach. We are seeking a Water Resources Engineer to join our growing team located in Vernon Hills, Illinois.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Stormwater management system design and analysis.
- Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, drainage investigation, and floodplain and floodway analyses.
- Preparation of drainage studies and hydraulic reports.
- Stormwater quality BMP and Green Infrastructure design.
- Engineering design, plan preparation, specifications, and other related tasks for multi-discipline and flood control projects.
- Obtaining various regulatory permits.
- Perform municipal stormwater reviews.
- Client management and team coordination as necessary to perform work.
Required Knowledge, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineer (PE) License in the State of Illinois.
- Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in civil engineering with an emphasis on stormwater management design and analysis.
- Proficient with hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software.
- Working knowledge of GIS and AutoCAD.
- High level of knowledge of federal, state, and local stormwater, floodplain and floodway permitting requirements and experience in obtaining various regulatory permits.
- Valid Driver’s License and registered insured personal vehicle.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be a project leader with a high level of proficiency in complex stormwater projects.
- Self-starting, detail-oriented individual with organizational and interpersonal skills essential.
- A strong work ethic with the desire to learn and achieve.
- The ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong self-initiative to meet client deadlines.
GHA offers excellent benefits packages that include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parental Leave, Additional Paid Time Off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401-K Retirement Plan, Profit Sharing, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Gewalt Hamilton Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and an E-Verify employer. Minorities, females, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
How to apply