The IAFSM 2022 Annual Conference was held on Tuesday and Wednesday, March 8 & 9, 2022 at the Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center. It was great to be back in person for this event.
IAFSM would like to thank our generous sponsors that participated this year:
Baxter & Woodman, Inc.
Engineering Resource Associates
Gewalt Hamilton Associates, Inc.
HR Green, Inc.
Christopher B. Burke Engineering, Ltd.
Ciorba Group, Inc.
Civiltech Engineering, Inc.
Crawford, Murphy & Tilly, Inc.
Hanson Professional Services, Inc.
Hey and Associates, Inc.
Michael Baker International
Molly O’Toole & Associates
Pinnacle Engineering Group
WBK Engineering, LLC
Aqua Vitae Group
Baxter & Woodman Natural Resources, LLC
Environmental Consulting & Technology, Inc.
Eveready Flood Control Ltd.
Farnsworth Group, Inc.
HMG Engineers, Inc.
James J. Benes and Associates
- IDNR Office of Water Resources Permit Program for NE Illinois
- Illinois Environmental Protection Agency Permitting for Stormwater
- Get Your Permit Faster: Avoiding Common Errors During Watershed Management Ordinance Permit Reviews
1B Floodplain Management
- Violations and Variances
- FEMA Post-Disaster Recovery: Substantial Damage Requirements and Recovery Resources
- Waterway Restoration and Climate Resiliency
1D Urban Flooding
- Multiple Funding Partnerships for Stormwater Mitigation
- Harrison Park Detention Pond Failure – Lessons Learned
- Sugar Creek North Branch Streambank Stabilization
2A Community Rating System (CRS)
- Community Rating System (CRS)
- Participation in CRS with Minimal Staff and a Shoestring Budget
- Annual CRS Requirements
2B Floodplain Management
- Flood Insurance New Methodology, What Floodplain Managers Need to Know
- Illinois Flood Center
- Automating HSPF Procedures for Event Selection and Model Calibration
2C Climate Change and Urban Flooding
- Current and Projected Changes in Precipitation Extremes in Illinois
- Peak-flow Frequency Analysis and Nonstationarity in Illinois
- Geneva Watershed Study – Case Study
2D Stormwater in Cook County
- StormStore™ – A Pilot Stormwater Credit Trading Market in Cook County
- Finding Green and Gray Infrastructure Opportunities in Chicago's Austin, Humboldt Park, and West Garfield Park Neighborhoods: A Masterplan Study of Social Equity and Building Resilient Community Infrastructure
- Leveraging Opportunities in an Urban Flood Control Master Plan, Case Study of an MWRD Funded Project in Harvey, IL
3A Community Rating System
- FRESH Map and CRS Endangered Species Credit (90 Minute Session)
3B Floodplain Management
- Model Floodplain Ordinance Updates
- Davenport’s Flood Resiliency Plan
- Equitable Floodplain Management in Illinois
3C Riverine Flooding
- Updates Coming to Illinois StreamStats
- Hydraulic Modeling of Streams and Rivers in Illinois and Indiana: 1D or 2D, Which Approach is Better for Your Project?
- A Hydraulic Model for Routing Forecasted Flows to Support Reservoir Management Decisions
3D Stormwater Resiliency
- Climate-Based Transportation Resilience Planning
- 2022 Update: MWRD Stormwater Master Planning: Partnering for Resilient Communities (1 Hour Session)
4A Planning and Permitting
- Old Collinsville Road-Hydrologic & Hydraulic Permitting for Richland Creek
- How to plan for Climate Change: What If It Isn’t That Serious?
- Lake Lou Yaeger – Sediment Reduction BMP’s
4B Stormwater Management
- Pre-Vegetated Blankets: Providing Erosion Control While Preserving the Integrity, Stability & Beauty of the Native Plant Community
- Tips for Site Visits of Localized Drainage Issues
- Expert Witness Testimony: Drainage and the Nature of What Really Happens
- Stormwater Evolution of Alft Lane Watershed in Elgin, Illinois
- Top 10 Things to Consider When Instituting a Stormwater Utility
- Developing a Comprehensive and Interactive Countywide Drainage Infrastructure Mapping System for Kane County
4D BMP’s for MS4
- Preparing an Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination Plan: What is That and Why Do I Need One?
- Is the Treatment Response of Manufactured Unit Operations to Urban Drainage Loads Portable?
- Conducting Stormwater BMP Inspections During the Pandemic
5A Stormwater Management
- Village of Orland Park Summary of Evaluation of 186 Stormwater Management Ponds
- Native Landscape Design 101
5B Stormwater Management
- Green Infrastructure for Stormwater in Algonquin
- Washington, IL Stormwater Master Plan
- Bartlett’s Bioswales Clean Stormwater While Addressing Local Flooding
5C Riverine Flooding
- Boneyard Creek: How a Flood Mitigation Project Became an Economic Development Showcase for Champaign
- Successes and Lessons Learnt, Construction of Bank Stabilization/Stream Restoration Project: 7th Avenue Creek, St. Charles, IL
- Cascading Dam Breach Analysis
5D BMP’s for MS4