Civil Engineer (Public Service Administrator, Option 8E) | Illinois Department of Natural Resources - Office of Water Resources
Posted on Aug 24, 2023
This position is a member of the Design and Construction section of the Office of Water Resources providing critical project design and oversight of technical staff working on
dam removals/modifications and flood damage reduction projects. As a licensed Engineer, this position performs critical engineering and technical services related to the
design of all types of water resources projects including the preparation of contract plans, specifications, and cost estimates. This position also assists the Section Manager in
the preparation of structural and non-structural plan sheets and documents for bid letting.
1. Subject to review and approval of the Chief of Design and Construction, as a licensed engineer, designs all types of water resources projects including preparation of
contract plans, specifications and cost estimates:
• As a licensed engineer, develops plans, specifications and cost estimates for water resource projects.
2. Designs and/or checks the design of water resource projects throughout the state:
• Reviews shop plans and contract submittals.
• Travels throughout the state.
3. Assists in the consolidation of plan sheets and documents to assemble a set of contract plans suitable for bid letting and construction:
• Assists with coordinator of the bidding process and awarding of contract.
• Analyzes bids and recommends awarding of contracts.
4. Delivers written and oral presentations of engineering data to supervisors and other interested parties in such a manner as to clearly identify all ramifications and aspects
• Arranges and conducts meetings with local, State and Federal officials for the presentation and review of water resource plans and reports.
• Develops relationship with all contacts within and outside of the Department of Natural Resources to facilitate the development of projects and makes other
presentations in a manner which reflects all aspects of the project.
5. Develops working relations with OWR employees, and other Departmental and non-Departmental contacts:
• Complies with all Departmental safety rules, practices and policies and helps to ensure safety compliance by other co-workers.
6. Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the work of the duties enumerated above
1. Requires knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to completion of four years of college with a degree in civil engineering.
2. Requires three years or more experience in the field of civil engineering.
1. Prefers two (2) years of project design review and preparation.
2. Prefers two (2) years of experience working with bidding process for contracts.
3. Prefers one (1) year of planning reports and presenting in public.
4. Prefers one (1) year of working knowledge in regards to Department safety rules and policies
1. Requires Professional Engineering License in the State of Illinois.
2. Requires valid driver's license.
3. Ability to pass background check.
Salary and Benefits
Salary Range: $3,116.00 to $11,079.00 per month
IDNR employees receive excellent benefits, including health, vision and dental insurance; a retirement plan
and deferred compensation options; state holidays and other time off; as well as pre-tax benefit programs.
1 Natural Resources Way
Springfield, IL 62702
How to apply
Jobs Website: Careers at State of Illinois (jobs2web.com)
Agency: Department of Natural Resources
Posting ID: 12-63-29704
Closing Date/Time: 09/25/2023
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
Please attach a DETAILED Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV) to the MY DOCUMENTS section of your application.
You WILL NOT be considered for the position if you attach a CMSl00, CMSl00b or any other document that is not a Resume or CV.
Work Hours: Mon.-Fri. 8:00AM - 4:30PM, with 1 hr. lunch
Work Location: IL Dept. of Natural Resources, One Natural Resources Way, Springfield, IL 62702-1813
Job Family: Environmental & Natural Resources