Water Resources Technical Director | Baxter & Woodman
Posted on Feb 6, 2023
Water Resources Technical Director
POSITION: Water Resources Technical Director
Experienced professionals and recent graduates alike encounter more than just a job at Baxter & Woodman – they discover a lasting, rewarding career with a recognized leader in technology and innovation. Baxter & Woodman offers an exceptional work environment. Named a 2022 Zweig Best Firms To Work For means we appreciate and value our staff, providing them with a comprehensive benefits package that includes flexible work schedules, an outstanding 401K match, and more.
Baxter & Woodman has a rewarding opportunity for a Water Resources Technical Director. Water Resources projects typically involve analysis and design of urban flooding mitigation, storm sewers, detention facilities, streambank restoration, and naturalized areas, working mostly for municipal clients. The Water Resources Technical Director is an industry expert who will oversee the technical components of H&H modeling and analysis, as well as stormwater facility design. The Technical Director position works with the Department Manager to maintain the teams’ technical knowledge base and resources, update standards, train staff, perform quality control, complete projects, and present at conferences.
Come join our fast-growing team, serving IL, WI, TX and FL. We are seeking qualified applicants for our Crystal Lake, Naperville, Chicago, Mokena, Illinois offices. Work from home options may be considered.
- Maintain SOPs and resources for H&H modeling and analysis.
- Maintain QA/QC Protocol.
- Train less experienced staff.
- Perform QC on H&H studies and design.
- Develop Hydrologic and Hydraulic models of municipal storm sewer, combined sewer, and sanitary collection systems.
- Technical Lead for Drainage Studies and Stormwater Masterplans.
- Technical Lead for Flood Mitigation Design.
- Present on Technical Expertise (internally and externally).
- Permitting with local, state and federal permitting agencies.
- 4-year B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering
- Master’s degree in Water Resources Engineering preferred.
- P.E. License required.
- 15+ years of experience in the design of Stormwater projects.
- Experience in infrastructure design and plan preparation.
- Expertise in hydrology and hydraulics.
- Expertise in H&H modeling (SWMM, ICM, HEC, etc…).
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Strong verbal, computer, and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel throughout Chicago area.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Baxter & Woodman is an equal opportunity - affirmative action – M/F/Vet/Disability employer
8430 W. Bryn Mawr Avenue
Chicago, IL 60631
How to apply