Water Resources Engineer | Baxter & Woodman, Inc.
Posted on Jan 21, 2021
POSITION: Water Resources Engineer
Baxter & Woodman has a rewarding opportunity for a Water Resources Project Engineer in our Water Resources department. We are seeking qualified applicants for our Chicago, IL or Crystal Lake, IL office.
- Develop Hydrologic and Hydraulic models of municipal storm sewer and sanitary collection systems.
- Assistance with Drainage Studies and Stormwater Masterplans.
- Analysis and Design of municipal stormwater facilities (open channels, culverts, storm sewers, detention basins, green infrastructure, etc…).
- Preparation of Plans and Specifications for Construction.
- Field work associated with Flood inspection and Part-time Construction Observation.
- Permitting with local, state and federal permitting agencies.
- Preparation of grant applications
- Assistance with municipal permit review.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering, with emphasis in water resources engineering and or a Master’s Degree preferred.
- E.I.T (Engineer in Training) License preferred.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Strong verbal, computer and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel throughout Chicago area (own transportation).
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of basic principles of infrastructure design and plan preparation.
- Knowledge of the basic principles of hydrology and hydraulics.
- Knowledge of H&H modeling (SWMM is preferred).
- Knowledge of AutoCAD (Civil 3D is preferred) and ArcGIS.
- Experience in Consulting Engineering, Public Works, or Construction preferred.
B&W is an equal opportunity - affirmative action – M/F/Vet/Disability employer
58k-75k+ depending on experience.
8678 Ridgefield Road
Crystal Lake, IL 60012
How to apply
To apply, please follow the provided link: https://baxterwoodman.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/1ec50df1-2c1c-2399-b8a6-54399632d9be/apply?source=1493195-CS-13913