Water Resource Engineer II - Site Division | Gewalt Hamilton Associates
Posted on Oct 4, 2019
An exciting opportunity is available to join Gewalt Hamilton Associates, an employee-owned, multi-faceted civil engineering and land surveying company that has built its reputation on civil engineering with a personal approach. We are seeking a mid-level Water Resources Engineer to join our growing team located in Vernon Hills, Illinois.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Stormwater management system design and analysis, including detention, conveyance system, and stormwater quality BMPs;
- Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, drainage investigation, and floodplain and floodway analyses;
- Preparation of drainage studies and hydraulic reports;
- Engineering design, plan preparation, specifications, and other related tasks for site developments, roadway improvements and flood control projects;
- Obtaining various regulatory permits.
Required Knowledge, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering;
- PE License and Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) preferred;
- 4+ years of experience in civil engineering with an emphasis on stormwater management design and analysis;
- Experience in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software
- Working knowledge of GIS, AutoCAD and/or Microstation;
- Basic understanding of the federal, state, and local stormwater, floodplain, and floodway permitting requirements and experience in obtaining various permits;
- Valid Driver’s License and registered insured personal vehicle.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with general supervision and as part of a larger team.
- Self-starting, detail-oriented individual, with organizational and interpersonal skills essential.
- A strong work ethic with the desire to learn and achieve.
- The ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong self-initiative to meet client deadlines.
Gewalt Hamilton Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and an e-Verify employer. Minorities, females, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
GHA offers excellent benefit packages that include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parental Leave, Additional Paid Time Off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401-K Retirement Plan, Profit Sharing and Tuition Reimbursement. To learn more, please visit us at www.gha-engineers.com or contact Anika Moore, Human Resources Manager at email@example.com.
625 Forest Edge Drive
Vernon Hills, IL 60061
How to apply