Flood Plain Specialist | FEMA
Posted on Oct 1, 2019
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce.
This position is being announced under FEMA's Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery Employee (CORE) Program. This is a temporary appointment in the Excepted Service, not to exceed 2 years, with the option to extend based on workload and funding availability. Veterans Preference does not apply to the CORE selection process.
The Environmental Planning and Historic Preservation Cadre (EHP) announces the hiring of EHP Environmental Floodplain Specialist (EFSP) position under FEMA's CORE Program.
• This position requires a Public Trust background investigation.
• You must be a U.S. citizen or National to be considered for this position.
• This position is 100% travel, and you will be required to travel up to, but not limited to 320+ days a year. When not deployed, your duty station will be your residence of record (ROR).
• Preference is that you have completed a BA or Master’s degree program in related subject.
• You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government credit card.
Special Physical Requirements:
? Work is performed at a desk, walking, standing, bending, carrying light to medium objects, and in austere conditions. ? You must be able to walk, stand, and sit, for extended periods.
? You must be able to work in austere conditions and in undesirable locations.
? Work may take place in undesirable conditions that include exposure to excessive heat, unhealthy environments, and extended hours.
? You must be able to stay in temporary housing when deployed if necessary.
? Housing accommodations may be limited and require stays in temporary structures without electricity.
SERIES & GRADE: GS-11
SALARY: $62,236.00 to $80,912.00 per year
POSITION INFORMATION: Multiple Positions- Term - Temporary - Not to Exceed 2 Years
DUTY LOCATIONS: Location Negotiable Upon Selection
How to apply
Materials to Submit
• Cover Letter
• Resume Tip: Make sure you look at key words in announcement and include in resume with detailed description of related experience and dates.
• Current or former FEMA Reservists/DAE employees:
o To accurately credit your experience for these intermittent positions, make sure to list the dates (from MM/YY to MM/YY) of each deployment, along with the job title and specific duties you were responsible for during each deployment.
How to Submit
• Floodplain Specialist Submit all materials to EHPCADRE@FEMA.DHS.GOV
o Incomplete submissions will not be considered
• Indicate which position you are applying for
o You may apply for more than one position, but send separate email for each position you are applying for, along with identifying position in subject line.
What to Expect Next Your submission materials will be reviewed by a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for interview consideration.
If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified by phone.
Interviews will be conducted either in person or phone.
No travel expenses are authorized for interviews.
Selectees will be forwarded to the Office of Chief Component Human Capital Officer (OCCHCO) for final review and processing