Senior Municipal Engineer | Baxter & Woodman
Posted on Oct 1, 2019
POSITION: Senior Municipal Engineer
Baxter & Woodman has a rewarding opportunity for a Senior Municipal Engineer in our Water Resources Department. We are seeking qualified applicants to work at the Village Hall in Glenview, IL.
- Serve as the Village Stormwater Management Engineer for Glenview, IL.
- Provide general municipal engineering services to the Village.
- Assist in negotiations of development, annexation and inter-governmental agreements, preparation of municipal budgets.
- Coordinate Regulatory requirements (e.g. maintain Engineering Standards Manual, oversee utility permits, NPDES permits, CRS program, IEPA/IDOT/CCDOTH coordination, etc…)
- Oversee and manage updates to the Stormwater Master Plan.
- Oversee residential drainage complaints.
- Oversee ADA & Bike & Sidewalk Master Plan updates
- Manage grant programs, SSAs, and other funding programs
- Coordinate work between other Departments within the Village and Baxter & Woodman staff.
- Manage review of development plans for compliance with local requirements, including stormwater management, grading, sanitary sewers, water lines, and transportation aspects.
- Prepare written review reports; communicate with Village Staff, developers and designers.
- Respond proactively to inquiries from Village Staff and Officials, developers, designers and adjacent property owners.
- 4 year B.S. degree in Civil Engineering (strongly preferred)
- Illinois Professional Engineer License (strongly preferred)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working closely with municipalities and stormwater issues
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to explain technical issues to non-technical municipal staff and officials
- Ability to work cooperatively with developers, designers and outside permit agencies
- Ability to work with local government staff and officials
- Knowledge of general principles and experience with stormwater management, water distribution, and wastewater collection systems
- Ability to assign and manage work done by design teams
- Experience in site and subdivision development design and review, and site construction is preferred
B&W is an equal opportunity - affirmative action – M/F/Vet/Disability employer
2500 E Lake Avenue
Glenview, IL 60026
How to apply
To apply, please follow the provided link: https://baxterwoodman.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/3a71188a-e5b7-4d01-2285-cd3518d145ea/apply?source=1147144-CS-13913