Water Resources Senior Engineer | Christopher B. Burke Engineering, Ltd.
Posted on Jul 26, 2018
Christopher B. Burke Engineering, Ltd. (CBBEL) is seeking a Civil Project Engineer with at least 5 years of experience for immediate employment to join our Water Resources Group in our Rosemont office. We seek out experienced and responsive professionals who are committed to personal service. Qualified individuals must be self-motivated and looking to handle a multitude of various projects. CBBEL is a full-service civil, environmental, water resource and mechanical engineering firm that can comprehensively meet the needs of both private and public-sector clients. Our Water Resources Group focuses on a wide range of projects including utility permitting, stormwater management studies and design, flood plain analysis and permitting and design for a variety of municipalities, counties, IDOT and Tollway.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform design and analysis for water resources projects using approved computer programs and manual computations in accordance with the accepted design practice
- Perform hydrologic and hydraulic modeling
- Perform store sewer and floodplain modeling/mapping
- Perform municipal stormwater reviews
- Green Stormwater Infrastructure modeling and design
- Work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects
- Preform their own GIS work
- Attend project meetings both internally and with clients
- Assist Senior Project Manager with project administrative activities, document controls and project scheduling
- Other assignments as needed
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil and Environmental Engineering and a minimum of 5 years of water resources experience
- PE license or on PE track preferred
- Working knowledge and experience with state and regional stormwater regulations required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Knowledge of Microstation and Geopak
- Proficient in HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, XP-SWMM, and GIS
- Project experience working with various counties and/or local municipalities
- Valid driver’s license required
CBBEL offers a high growth potential, competitive benefits, compensation package and exceptional learning opportunities.
9575 W Higgins Rd
Rosemont, IL 60018
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference the following subject 01.071818.WRE.