Water Resources Engineer II or III | Baxter & Woodman, Inc.
Posted on Jul 19, 2018
Baxter & Woodman has a rewarding opportunity for a Water Resources Project Engineer II or III in our Water Resources department. We are seeking qualified applicants for our following office locations, Mokena, IL, Chicago, IL, Crystal Lake, IL or Milwaukee, WI.
- Develop Hydrologic and Hydraulic models of municipal storm sewer and sanitary collection systems.
- Assistance with Drainage Studies and Stormwater Masterplans.
- Analysis and Design of municipal stormwater facilities (open channels, culverts, storm sewers, detention basins, green infrastructure, etc…).
- Design of Plans and Specifications for Construction.
Field work associated with Flood inspection and Part-time Construction Observation.
- Permitting with local, state and federal permitting agencies.
- Assistance with municipal permit review.
- 4 year B.S. degree in Civil Engineering, with emphasis in water resources engineering preferred.
- E.I.T (Engineer in Training) License preferred.
- 2 to 6 years of experience in the design of stormwater projects.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Strong verbal, computer and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel throughout Chicago area (own transportation).
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of basic principles of infrastructure design and plan preparation.
- Knowledge of the basic principles of hydrology and hydraulics.
- Experience with H&H modeling (SWMM is preferred).
- Experience with AutoCAD (Civil 3D is preferred) and ArcGIS.
- Experience in Consulting Engineering, Public Works, or Construction.
B&W is an equal opportunity - affirmative action – M/F/Vet/Disability employer
65k-85k base salary depending on relevant experience
Chicago, IL 60631
How to apply