Senior Development Assistance Engineer | Baxter & Woodman, Inc.
Posted on Jun 6, 2018
POSITION: Senior Development Assistance Engineer
Baxter & Woodman has a rewarding opportunity for a Senior Development Assistance Engineer in our Development Assistance Department. We are seeking qualified applicants for our Mokena or Chicago, IL offices.
- Provide general municipal engineering services to several clients.
- Where required, serve as part-time staff engineer to local municipality.
- Assist in negotiations of development, annexation and inter-governmental agreements, preparation of municipal budgets.
- Prepare and submit permits for local municipal projects.
- Coordinate work done by other departments for local municipality.
- Review development plans for compliance with local requirements, including stormwater management, grading, sanitary sewers, water lines, and transportation aspects.
- Consult with other reviewers regarding electrical, photometric and structural issues.
- Assess the need for permits from other agencies.
- Assess impacts to on-site and adjacent private and public facilities.
- Provide recommendations for improving on-site or adjacent facilities in conjunction with the development.
- Prepare written review reports; communicate with Village Staff, developers and designers.
- Respond proactively to inquiries from Village Staff and Officials, developers, designers and adjacent property owners.
- Assist with preparation, documentation and improvement of review procedures.
- 4 year B.S. degree in Civil Engineering
- Illinois Professional Engineer License required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience reviewing development submittals
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to explain technical issues to non-technical municipal staff and officials
- Ability to work cooperatively with developers, designers and outside permit agencies
- Ability to travel throughout Northeastern Illinois and Southeastern Wisconsin (own transportation)
- Ability to work with local government staff and officials
- Knowledge of basic principles and experience with stormwater management, water distribution, and wastewater collection systems
- Knowledge of basic principles and experience with transportation facilities, including parking, roadway design, pedestrian and bicycle facilities, and accessibility requirements
- Ability to manage and review work done by less-experienced reviewers
- Experience in site and subdivision development design and review, and site construction is preferred
8430 W. Bryn Mawr Ave
Chicago, IL 60631