Natural Resources Project Engineer | V3 Companies
Posted on May 25, 2018
V3 Companies, a multi-discipline civil engineering firm, is seeking a Project Engineer in our Natural Resources Practice Area within our Woodridge office. Qualified candidates must have strong interpersonal and communication skills as the position includes interaction with both internal and external clients. In addition, they must be able to work both independently and in a team based environment and possess the ability to manage several major activities at once.
General responsibilities include:
- Urban storm water analysis, modeling & design.
- Preparing floodplain/floodway calculations, modeling and design.
- Participating in water, wetland and infrastructure projects for private and public sector clients.
- Preparing reports, design plan sets, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Monitoring projects to ensure needed regulatory compliance.
- Assisting in water resources permitting.
- Assisting Project Managers in client communication and coordination.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university is required.
- 5 – 10 years of related experience.
- Illinois PE preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD, GIS and MicroStation preferred.
- Experience with modeling/design tools such as HEC-RAS and XPSWMM required.
- Understanding of federal, state, and local stormwater and floodplain permitting requirements preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off and holidays. Please visit our website at www.v3co.com for additional information on V3 Companies. Qualified candidates should submit their resumes to Rachel Urbanski at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 630.724.0385.
V3 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER- “EEO Employer/ Vet/ Disabled”
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes to Rachel Urbanski at email@example.com or by fax to 630.724.0385.