Jobmart is a free service to members of IAFSM. If you would
like to post a position, send complete information to IAFSM@illinoisfloods.org.
The information should include how to obtain an application
and detailed job description (e.g., contact person,
phone/fax numbers, URL) and must include an expiration date.
WATER RESOURCES ENGINEER
An exciting opportunity to join Gewalt Hamilton Associates, a multi-faceted civil engineering and land surveying company that has built its reputation on civil engineering with a personal touch. We are seeking an experienced Professional Engineer to join our growing team located in Vernon Hills, Illinois. The engineer will support an experienced team of project managers, engineers and technicians as part of our site design and/or municipal engineering division.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Stormwater system design and analysis, including detention, conveyance system, and stormwater quality BMPs
- Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and preparation of drainage/hydraulic reports
- Engineering design, plan preparation, specifications, cost estimates, and other related tasks on site and roadway projects
- Obtaining various permits
- Proposal preparation
This engineer will have:
- BS in civil engineering
- PE with 4 years of experience in civil engineering with an emphasis on stormwater experience.
- Strong experience in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and design of stormwater management systems
- Proficiency in stormwater modeling software such as HEC-RAS, HEC-GeoRAS, HEC-HMS, PondPack or TR20, and XPSWMM
- Working knowledge of GIS, AutoCAD and/or Microstation
- Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) preferred
- Proficiency with federal, state, and local stormwater and floodplain permitting and experience in obtaining various permits
- Excellent writing and communication skills
GHA offers excellent benefit packages that include: Medical, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Additional Paid Time Off, 401-K Retirement Plan, Profit Sharing and Tuition Reimbursement. To learn more, please visit us on the web at www.gha-engineers.com.
Gewalt Hamilton Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and an e-Verify employer. Minorities, females, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Posted 2/2/16, Expires 4/2/16