Jobmart is a free service to members of IAFSM. If you would
like to post a position, send complete information to IAFSM@illinoisfloods.org.
The information should include how to obtain an application
and detailed job description (e.g., contact person,
phone/fax numbers, URL) and must include an expiration date.
McHenry County, Illinois
Water Resources Engineer
||$54,657/year + depending on qualifications
||Planning and Development
||McHenry County Government Center
|Number of openings:
Under general supervision, the Water Resources Engineer assists property owners and contractors obtain stormwater management permits; reviews engineering plans and other permit submittals; and conducts field inspections for compliance with County, State and Federal regulations and laws. The Water Resources Engineer reports to the Water Resources Manager/Stormwater Chief Engineer.
- Assists property owners, contractors, and the public with questions regarding drainage and stormwater management, including providing assistance with filing stormwater management permit applications.
- Reviews engineering plans and permit submittals for compliance with County, State and Federal regulations regarding stormwater management, floodplain management, and wetland protection.
- Conducts inspections and monitors construction projects for compliance with approved plans and applicable regulations.
- Participates in preparation of the County’s MS4 NPDES annual permit application and report.
- Assists with the County’s participation in the National Flood Insurance Program and Community Rating System program.
- Assist with the review and update of the Stormwater Management Ordinance, policies, procedures, and forms to ensure better management of water resources and improve customer service.
- Maintains and upgrades professional knowledge, skills and development by attending seminars and training programs and reading trade and professional journals and publications.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field.
- One year of related experience
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Professional Engineer License or an Engineer in Training (E.I.T) or the ability to obtain within one year of employment.
- Certified Flood Manager (CFM) preferred, but not required.
- Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC) or similar certification preferred, but not required.
- Unrestricted Class D Illinois Driver’s License.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Stormwater management principles and stormwater engineering design.
- Floodplain and wetland regulations
- Plan review (i.e. quantity take-offs, reading blueprints, etc).
- Hydrologic and hydraulic calculations.
- Geographic Information System mapping.
- Preparing clear written review letters and reports; utilizing word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Communicating clearly and effectively orally in individual and group settings.
- Interpreting ordinances and regulations.
Mental and Physical Abilities:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and regulations.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and manage time effectively.
- Ability to communicate complex engineering terminology to the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret technical instructions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, handle, reach with hands and arms, lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and talk or hear.
- Work is performed in an office environment with quiet working conditions.
- Field work is performed in heavy construction environment with moderately loud operating equipment being used during inspections, surveys, etc.
To apply please visit our website at www.co.mchenry.il.us and click Employment.
No applicant for employment shall be discriminated against because of age, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or disability. Please submit your application online.
Posted 3/24/17, Expires 4/24/17
FEMA Reservist (Intermittent) Careers
Reservist Careers at FEMA
FEMA is seeking talented men and women who are eager to assist disaster survivors as Reservist employees. In this role, you will have the opportunity to travel, receive training and build your professional network. Are you or someone you know looking for a rewarding intermittent work opportunity to assist disaster survivors when they are most in need? Then send your resume to email@example.com. Please indicate the specific Reservist job opportunity (see below and reverse) of interest to you in the subject line of your email.
|Disaster Survivor Assistance
||Disaster Survivor Assistance Specialist
Hazard Mitigation 406 Specialist (Cost Analysis)
||Applicant Services Program Specialist
||Communications Unit Leader
Information Technology Manager
Information Technology Specialist
||Logistics Specialist (Warehouse Manager) Logistics Systems Specialist (Database Manager)
||Public Assistance Project Specialist
Public Assistance Resource Specialist
|Have This Experience or Skillset?
||Consider These Vacancies:
|Writing press releases or developing media talking points.
Ability to parse media reports and improve communications.
- IntergovernmentalAffairsSpecialist (External Affairs)
- Media Relations Specialist (External Affairs)
- Program Liaison Specialist (External Affairs)
|Passion for customer service.
Desire to assist survivors as an emergency manager.
- Applicant Services Program Specialist (Individual Assistance)
- Disaster Survivor Assistance Specialist
- Public Assistance Project Specialist
|Floodplain management experience.
Flood insurance subject matter expert.
Disaster incidents cost analysis.
- Floodplain Specialist (Hazard Mitigation)
- Hazard Mitigation 406 Specialist (Cost Analysis)
- Insurance Specialist (HazardMitigation)
Office set-up and break-down.
System inventory and supply reconciliation.
- Logistics Specialist (Warehouse Manager)
|Generating regular analytical reports.
Tracking personnel equipment in databases.
- Logistics Systems Specialist (Database Manager)
|Information Technology Systems.
Installing or maintaining information networks.
Voice and data information systems management.
- Communications Unit Leader (Information Technology)
- Information Technology Manager
- Information Technology Specialist
Send Your Resume
If you are interested in intermittent work and have experience in any of the positions listed above, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the specific Reservist job opportunity of interest to you in the subject line of your email.
Posted 1/25/17, Expires 2/25/17