Jobmart is a free service to members of IAFSM. If you would
like to post a position, send complete information to IAFSM@illinoisfloods.org.
The information should include how to obtain an application
and detailed job description (e.g., contact person,
phone/fax numbers, URL) and must include an expiration date.
SENIOR WATER RESOURCES ENGINEER/PROJECT MANAGER
Geosyntec is seeking a highly motivated senior water resources engineer to join our team in our Oak Brook or Chicago, Illinois office and in our St. Louis Missouri office. The selected candidate will lead and work on a diverse array of complex water resource projects throughout the region and the US.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Management of highly professional project teams;
- Performing and overseeing detailed hydrologic and hydraulic studies;
- Development of innovative green infrastructure solutions for the urban environment;
- Application of innovative modeling software, from 1-D to 3-D transport models;
- Floodplain mapping and flood protection designs;
- In stream and urban stormwater water quality modeling;
- Preparation of engineering drawings and technical specifications;
- Interacting with client representatives and construction contractors;
- Mentoring junior engineers and staff.
Preferred candidates will have 10+ years of experience and hold a Bachelor’s degree and an advanced (M.S. or Ph.D.) degree from an accredited college or university in environmental or civil engineering with an emphasis in water resources or a closely related discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in water resources / civil engineering
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Licensed Professional Engineer
Geosyntec offers excellent compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, and employer matched 401(k) plan, bonus plan and profit-sharing.
Equal Employment Opportunity M/F/D/V
Please submit applications via: www.geosyntec.com/employment (Job ID 40279 - Oak Brook or Chicago, IL; Job ID 40281 St. Louis, MO)
Posted 4/25/16, Expires 5/25/16
Gewalt Hamilton Associates
Water Resources Engineer
An exciting opportunity to join Gewalt Hamilton Associates, a multi-faceted civil engineering and land surveying company that has built its reputation on civil engineering with a personal touch. We are seeking an experienced Professional Engineer to join our growing team located in Vernon Hills, Illinois. The engineer will support an experienced team of project managers, engineers and technicians as part of our site design and/or municipal engineering division.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Stormwater system design and analysis, including detention, conveyance system, and stormwater quality BMPs
- Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and preparation of drainage/hydraulic reports
- Engineering design, plan preparation, specifications, cost estimates, and other related tasks on site and roadway projects
- Obtaining various permits
- Proposal preparation
This engineer will have:
- BS in civil engineering
- PE with 5 years of experience in civil engineering with an emphasis on stormwater experience.
- Strong experience in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and design of stormwater management systems
- Proficiency in stormwater modeling software such as HEC-RAS, HEC-GeoRAS, HEC-HMS, PondPack or TR20, and XPSWMM
- Working knowledge of GIS, AutoCAD and/or Microstation
- Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) preferred
- Proficiency with federal, state, and local stormwater and floodplain permitting and experience in obtaining various permits.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
GHA offers excellent benefit packages that include: Medical, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Additional Paid Time Off, 401-K Retirement Plan, Profit Sharing and Tuition Reimbursement. To learn more, please visit us on the web at www.gha-engineers.com.
Gewalt Hamilton Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and an e-Verify employer. Minorities, females, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Posted 3/29/16, Expires 4/29/16
CIVIL ENGINEER / WATER RESOURCES POSITION
M Squared Engineering is actively seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, self-directed Civil Engineer related to DOT/Water Resources work for a position in our Cedarburg, WI office. We are small company headquartered out of Wisconsin. Our reputation of providing high quality deliverables to our clients has helped us gain the reputation of stormwater/drainage experts for transportation projects.
We have a lot to offer with future growth of our company. We have established a great record of successfully completing projects for both WisDOT and IDOT.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with project team outside of M Squared
- Manage employees, tasks/activities, including transportation corridor stormwater management plans, storm sewer design, hydraulic design, hydraulic studies, and drainage design
- Corridor and site drainage reports
- Design and analyze stormwater management facilities and ponds * Perform water quality analysis calculations
- Develop and oversee development of plans, specifications, and estimates (PS&E)
- Client management and interaction as necessary to perform work
- Assist in the development of proposals which include scope, schedules, and budgets
- Skills & Experience:
- BS in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience, PE preferred
- Microstation, Geopak, and Civil 3D required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including MS Word and MS Excel
- Various drainage software familiarity and knowledge preferred
The position we offer would grow with the expansion of our office. Our immediate need would be to provide drainage/civil design for Tollway projects. Salary to commensurate with experience. Please submit resume and salary requirements.
Open until filled
Full time, permanent
Send Resume, Salary Requirements and References to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 3/17/16, Expires 4/17/16
City of Warrenville
Senior Civil Engineer
The City of Warrenville is seeking a talented candidate for the position of Senior Civil Engineer. This is a responsible, professional position that acts as the designated Stormwater and Flood Plain Ordinance Administrator, coordinates the engineering/stormwater review, and inspects, and closes-out private development projects. The position provides support to the Public Works Department related to municipal infrastructure improvements, but work is performed under the supervision of the Community Development Director. Job duties include overseeing the National Flood Insurance Program requirements NPDES permits and IDDE program; overseeing the work of civil engineering and environmental consultants; reviewing plans, inspecting construction, preparing design drawings, interpreting maps, plats, and legal descriptions; engineering elevation surveys; writing ordinances and resolutions; assisting the City attorney with legal issues related to civil engineering, stormwater, floodplains, and wetlands; conducting technical research on engineering issues; preparing reports and recommendations; coordinating letters of credit for new development projects; and coordinating close-out processes for developments and acceptance of public improvements. This position will require attending evening meetings and making presentations to the City Council.
The candidate must possess a bachelor’s in Civil Engineering, preferably with four years of local government experience. S/he needs a valid Illinois driver’s license and PE certification in Illinois, strong knowledge of modern principles of civil engineering, infrastructure design, and stormwater management; ability to interpret, implement, explain, and enforce municipal stormwater and subdivision regulations; ability to perform upper level data analysis and implement decisions based on that analysis; working knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS and AutoCAD; and familiarity with the DuPage County Stormwater Ordinance and Certification as a Certified Floodplain Manager is desirable.
Schedule and hours average 40 hours per week from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pay range: $73,871 – $101,573. This is an exempt, full-time, permanent position with benefits including health and life insurance, pension, and benefit time. Position open until March 18, 2016. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to:
City of Warrenville
Attention: Jennifer McMahon
3S258 Manning Avenue
Warrenville, IL 60555
Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted 2/23/16, Expires 3/23/16