COMMITTEES - COMMUNITY RATING SYSTEM
Report to the Chairman of the IAFSM and advise him/her and other Board Members on policies and procedures concerning the Community Rating System. Advise Board Members on the current CRS status/participation of Illinois communities.
Mentor local officials on the CRS program. Give guidance and direction to local officials, when necessary. Conduct training/retraining sessions as necessary. Observe local communities and make recommendations for joining CRS or for improving their CRS classification. Conduct periodic phone calls to gather feedback from local officials. Answer questions, during community visits or on the phone, when officials need further information on the CRS program. Meet with local officials to discuss what steps will be necessary to follow for further training, assistance, etc in CRS. Write articles for IAFSM news letter. Write position papers for review by the IAFSM. Attend training to maintain competency in the knowledge of CRS. Act as Liaison with the ASFPM CRS Liaison Representative and the ISO/CRS Specialist. Review the FEMA website and other FEMA documentation for current CRS information.
CURRENT CHAIR -
Karen Daulton Lange, P.E., CFM
Village of Hanover Park
- CRS Users Group Meeting, March 9-10, 2011, Bloomington (in conjunction with the IAFSM annual conference)--Group met for dinner on the first night of the annual IAFSM conference, and a session on the second day was geared toward the group. The session covered "Applying FEMA's 'Reasonably Safe From Flooding' Technical Bulletin 10-01" and "Substantial Improvement/Substantial Damage: Enforcement from the Local Community's Perspective".
- CRS Users Group Meeting, October 28, 2010, Ottawa--discussion of high scoring activites for 540 Drainage Maintenance and 610 Flood Warning Programs; guest speaker Paul Osman of Illinois Department of Natural Resources-Office of Water Resources, topic--substantial damage.
- CRS Users Group Meeting, July 21, 2010, Lisle - discussion of CRS recertification and discussion regarding attaining top scores in various activities
- CRS Coordinators Users Group, February 10, 2010, Lisle (For CRS Coordinators and those who assist them in communities who are members of the CRS Program, or for communities in the process of joining)
- CRS Workshop for McHenry County Communities, September 29, 2008, Woodstock (Held for communities considering joining the CRS Program)
- CRS Workshop for DuPage County Communities, September 21, 2007, Lisle (Held for communities considering joining the CRS Program)
- CRS Users Group webinar, August 1, 2011, 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Topic: Proposed 2012 changes to the CRS program. To participate, you must register at www.crs2012.org
- CRS Users Group meeting, September 22, 2011, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Topic: FEMA's Substantial Damage Estimator software. This will be a hand-on workshop to teach members how to use this software, taught by Paul Osman of IDNR-OWR. Location: to be announced
CRS EXPRESS NEWSLETTERS -
COMMITTEE RESOURCES -